(Picture: The sky somewhere in California by Kyla Alexandre)
If you haven’t checked out part one, do that first. I will give this spiel again, I listen to a lot of music, a lot more than the average individual, so I want to share some of my favorite music with you. If you want to see more of what I listen to in a wider span, check out my Apple Music. If you have not read part one, you will have absolutely no clue how I rate/talk about music, so here’s the list of words I use to describe music:
- Bops- the songs that make you want to dance hardcore and move and feel the music
- Jams- the distant cousin of the bop, makes you want to dance but in a more chill manner
- Vibe- this word shouldn’t be a surprise. I can define this through a feeling: the feeling of driving with the windows down on a backroad without a care in the world
First I’m going to start off with my personal playlists that I listen to ALL the time.
- La Vie en Rose– This playlist is nothing but vibey. It is one that I listen to when I want to channel my travel vibes and jam out to the chill tunes. It makes me want to go on an adventure at sunset with the windows down and the speakers loud.
- Good Vibes n’ Good Drives– This is the playlist of the songs that I enjoy regularly and, well, as when I drive. It is a cumulative playlist of a lot of my favorite artists and my favorite music. It is around 10 hours long, so you are bound to find something on there.
- I Need a Little More of…– This playlist is my “discovery” of new music. It is new albums I have found or new artists I have discovered that I want to get to know more. It is also known as my study playlist because I do not know the words entirely, so it makes for some good study vibes.
Now for the songs. As I mentioned before, I listen to A LOT of music, which means I have a large variety of genres up my sleeve. I tend to listen to more alternative, vibey music, but I do not discriminate. Here are some of the many songs that I recommend to you:
- SUPERSTITION by Daniel Cesar– I recently discovered him and automatically fell in love. He makes me want to cry on so many different levels, because he makes me sad, because I love his voice, because I love him. This song is one of my favorites off of his new album and I highly recommend you listen.
- Let’s Fall in Love for the Night by Finneas– My best friend showed me this song because she knew it was right up my alley. It is a cutesy vibey song that makes your heart flutter. It makes you feel all warm inside and makes you want to fall in love, again and again.
- Grace by Surfaces– Now, this is more of an artist recommendation but if you are going to listen to a song by them, it’s this one. This song, correction, this band never fails to make me smile. A lot of their songs, like Grace, make me want to dance around and vibe with them. They have a beach town, surfer vibe and their music never fails to make me smile. I highly recommend giving them a try.
- Driving to Hawaii by Summer Salt– This is a low key vibe.It is very chill and brings you to a little oasis for a bit. I often find myself singing it when I need some sort of peace or calm within my brain.
- Constellations by Jack Johnson– This song has a special place in my heart. I listened to it about 14 times a day during finals week, and that isn’t an exaggeration. It has such a chill vibe that makes everything feel right in the world for the duration of the song.
- So Good so Fine When You’re Messing with My Mind by Benjamin Ingrosso– This is a straight bop. Every time I jam out with a smile on my face.
- Cup of Tea by Kacey Musgraves– Again, another artist recommendation. I recently discovered her and automatically fell in love. Her music discusses serious issues while keeping it light hearted, like the song Cup of Tea. I highly recommend you give her music a try.
- Sincerity is Scary by the 1975– This would not be a music suggestion if I didn’t suggest the 1975, my all time favorite band. Their music has an entirely different feel to it, but I absolutely adore them. This song specifically channels a really chill vibe, a vibe that I often find myself bobbing my head to.
- Here’s a bonus song: Love It If We Made IT by the 1975– Listen to this and bop out. That’s all.
I hope these recommendations have inspired you to find new music. Don’t forget to stay vibin!