For those of you who don’t know, music is a huge part of my life. I have a huge love for all kinds of music and I have a few new finds that I would like to share with the world in hopes to bring some of you some new music. If you would like to see the playlists I have and what I listen to on a regular basis, my own playlists and others who I have found and enjoyed, you can follow my Apple Music.
I have a growing obsession with a few artists that I have started to get into in the past 2-3 months.
- The first being The 1975 who just released a new album. They are my go-to study tunes. I love listening to them when I need some chill vibe music.
- Second is LANY, who also released a new album. These guys are great music to vibe to. Their music is the kind of music I would listen to with my windows down on the freeway while driving on the coast.
- I recently discovered Alec Benjamin while I was scrolling Instagram and I listened to one of his videos he posted and I fell in love with the song and his voice. I highly recommend listening to him. If you can’t tell already, a lot of the stuff I listen to channels a lot of good vibes and is stuff that makes my heart happy.
- I owe a lot to this next artist: Halsey. You have probably heard of her, but her music makes me feel anything and everything. Her music has been by my side since the start of high school. I love how artistic she is, how real her music is, and how she speaks her mind. I highly recommend her music.
Now onto specific songs. I won’t describe them much because I just want you to listen and enjoy it, or not, that’s your choice. Some of these have been out for a while, some are new, but I feel the need to share them with the world anyways.
Before we jump into the recommendations here is the glossary to Kyla’s description of music
- Bops- the songs that make you want to dance hardcore and move and feel the music
- Jams- the distant cousin of the bop, makes you want to dance but in a more chill manner
- Vibe- this word shouldn’t be a surprise. I can define this through a feeling: the feeling of driving with the windows down on a backroad without a care in the world
Now to the songs…
- Sober by Bazzi – This just puts you into your feels, but it also makes you feel things.
- Figures by Jessie Reyez – Another feels that makes you feel things you didn’t know you could feel.
- Waves by glibs – It’s a song with a cool jazzy vibe and has a wonderfully chill vibe to it.
- Tumblr Girls by G-Eazy – A song that has a chill vibe to it.
- Talk Too Much by COIN – A whole bop to jam out to.
- Let’s Get Lost by G-Eazy – Another great chill vibe, and a personal favorite that I probably listen to on a daily basis.
- Thru These Tears by LANY – A great song to jam out to but also vibe with.
- I Hate This by Tenille Arts – This song has a touch of country, but it is a great song to feel whatever emotion it makes you feel, I love it.
- Comethru by Jeremy Zucker – This song has swept the internet. It is a happy tune that makes my heart happy.
- Dazed and Confused by Ruel – another song that I can jam to at any time and any mood.
- Champagne and Pools by Hoodie Allen (ft. blackbear & Kyle) – A vibey bop (I hope my language makes sense) that makes me feel very cool inside.
- Long Distance by The Good Years – I cried the first time I listened to this, in a good way, it is such a cute love song.
- Heartbreak Drugs by GOLDN – This song makes me feel things but I also bop out to this hardcore.
I hope at least one of these gave you new music to vibe to. As always, don’t forget to stay vibing!