(Picture: Santa Cruz, California by Kyla Alexandre)
This is an article I never thought I would be writing, ever. I am a person who likes being in her little safety net and staying in her box of minimal change and lots of comfort. This post is something that I am not just writing for my audience, but I am writing it for myself, too. This is my reminder to myself to let impulse and spontaneity take over sometimes. I guess you could say that this article is a part two to my how to be spontaneous article.
From my perspective, the act of being impulsive is what connects to being spontaneous. We get that sudden drive to be impulsive and we allow that drive to steer us in whichever direction the impulse wants to go. Sometimes it is important to let that impulse take over the steering wheel and gas pedal, of course, you want to make sure that impulse doesn’t take too much control and put you at risk. Allowing the acts of impulse to give way to new direction and new opportunities allow you to open up and see new things. Impulse allows you to experience something, that could be life changing, that you may have not been able to experience in your constant state of constants.
Continue reading “Why Impulse is Good For You”
I’m going to be 100% honest with you and say that I have been in a slump the past week or so, hence why there was not a post two weeks ago. I have been in a slump, which typically happens when I am on emotional and/or stress overload. The past few weeks, I have felt every emotion, good and bad, I could physically feel, on top of the stress that comes with school. At the end of the week, I was tired of feeling confused and slumped so I sat back and evaluated everything I felt and created a plan of attack. Here is what I came up with, for those of you in a slump:
- Step back and assess the situation. This is something that I do whenever I feel any panic or stress. This is when I make my trusty lists and write down all that I am feeling. I know some people have different methods of coping, but make a list. It allows you to see everything clearly. The cool part of lists and you can make them as customizable as you want.
- Once you have assessed the situation, it is time to create a plan of attack. You need to pinpoint the issue or issues that are causing this slump. On that list you made, make a note of the most prevalent issues. This will give you some clarity in knowing what you need to do to change your mindset.
- This is when you now have to do things to get inspired. Do something that sparks some creativity within you and allows you to channel good energy into everything you are doing. That switch in energy will allow you to focus on what you need to do to target the ways to get out of your slump.
- Go tackle that list. There are so many different ways to solve so many different types of issues, so this one is open for your own personal interpretations. There is not a way for me to tell you exactly how to remove yourself from a slump because we all respond and resolve our issues differently, so take this as an outline where you can fill in the blanks.
I know slumps suck, but you have to want to change your ways in order to get out of the slump. You cannot just sit around and hope that things fix themselves because it is on you to make a change. Don’t forget to stay vibing!
If you know anything about me, I am all about good vibes. As I have maintained good vibes, I use phrases such as “I’m vibing” or “I vibe with it”, and people question what it means. This is all about how to get and share good vibes.
- What are good vibes? Good vibes are a spiritual energy that embraces nothing but positivity.
- You have to start with finding the good vibes within yourself before you can start spreading it. You can achieve your good vibes by using what you have around you to fuel your happiness and positivity. I am not saying that now you have to be all happy, sunshine, and rainbows all the time, but the first step to your own good vibes is changing your outlook on life. When things go wrong, you should take every opportunity to look at the positive and the good things that can come out of it. When you start seeing things in a positive light, you can start thinking about how you will bring good vibes into your life and others.
Continue reading “How to Get and Share Good Vibes”