Picture: Flying into Germany by Kyla Alexandre
If you’ve been here a while, you would know that I have a strong love for music. I have linked my previous posts about music, I have my top 20 songs and two other posts on music recommendations. Music is a therapy that I have fallen back on so many times, and today I am going to talk about music as a therapy and why it’s so important.
Continue reading “The Power of Music”
(Picture: I’m going to be honest, I have no clue where this was taken but it was taken by me: Kyla Alexandre)
If you have been here a while, you would know that music is somewhat of a lifeline for me. Nothing gives me more joy than when I can exchange music with people. Music is something so special to a lot of us, and with the craziness of the world right now I am going to share my Top 20 songs of all time (plus a few others because you can never have too much music)
Continue reading “My Top 20 Songs”
(Picture: The sky somewhere in California by Kyla Alexandre)
If you haven’t checked out part one, do that first. I will give this spiel again, I listen to a lot of music, a lot more than the average individual, so I want to share some of my favorite music with you. If you want to see more of what I listen to in a wider span, check out my Apple Music. If you have not read part one, you will have absolutely no clue how I rate/talk about music, so here’s the list of words I use to describe music:
- Bops- the songs that make you want to dance hardcore and move and feel the music
- Jams- the distant cousin of the bop, makes you want to dance but in a more chill manner
- Vibe- this word shouldn’t be a surprise. I can define this through a feeling: the feeling of driving with the windows down on a backroad without a care in the world
Continue reading “The Music I’ve Been Loving Part 2”
For those of you who don’t know, music is a huge part of my life. I have a huge love for all kinds of music and I have a few new finds that I would like to share with the world in hopes to bring some of you some new music. If you would like to see the playlists I have and what I listen to on a regular basis, my own playlists and others who I have found and enjoyed, you can follow my Apple Music.
I have a growing obsession with a few artists that I have started to get into in the past 2-3 months.
- The first being The 1975 who just released a new album. They are my go-to study tunes. I love listening to them when I need some chill vibe music.
- Second is LANY, who also released a new album. These guys are great music to vibe to. Their music is the kind of music I would listen to with my windows down on the freeway while driving on the coast.
- I recently discovered Alec Benjamin while I was scrolling Instagram and I listened to one of his videos he posted and I fell in love with the song and his voice. I highly recommend listening to him. If you can’t tell already, a lot of the stuff I listen to channels a lot of good vibes and is stuff that makes my heart happy.
- I owe a lot to this next artist: Halsey. You have probably heard of her, but her music makes me feel anything and everything. Her music has been by my side since the start of high school. I love how artistic she is, how real her music is, and how she speaks her mind. I highly recommend her music.
Now onto specific songs. I won’t describe them much because I just want you to listen and enjoy it, or not, that’s your choice. Some of these have been out for a while, some are new, but I feel the need to share them with the world anyways.
Continue reading “The Music I Have Been Loving…”