(Picture: Loomis, California by Kyla Alexandre)
Sometimes life says “Screw you” and turns itself off its axis. It happens to all of us and it is complete doo doo. Today I am going to talk you through ways of trying to turn your life back on its axis or at least try to.
Rearrange your plans and make time for a few days to do things you love. For me, that would be doing my nails, watching a rom-com or a Christmas movie, having a day of self-care, reading a book, and so much more. I’m not saying to do this all in one day, so spread it out through a few days and do at least one thing a day over a few days. Prioritize yourself, that’s what I am trying to say. If you put yourself first, you will be able to learn about yourself and allow yourself to work towards a better headspace. We allow ourselves to get so consumed into our work, our relationships, our issues, and everything in between. Set your consumption of other things aside and turn it into something for you. It allows you to focus on you and rebuild yourself on the inside and out.
Continue reading “What to do when life turns to poop”
(Picture: Lima, Peru by Kyla Alexandre)
A part of my “brand”, if you will, is the fact that I am an organization obsessed freak. I get excited over planners, organizational techniques, and find cleaning a source of peace. Due to my efficiently organized way of life, my friends suggested that I write an article about the ways to maintain organization throughout your life. Of course, there are many varieties of methods to organize, but today I am going to teach you the organizational basics. Grab a snack and let’s get started!
First things first, you have to realize that there is a different system for everyone, but the one thing that is universal is wanting to organize. Being organized is keeping some sort of order, whether it is just enough or an incredibly unnecessary amount (me). I find that over time, I have perfected techniques and systems that work perfectly for my lifestyle. The process of organization takes time and patience because it is so personalized. There are no rules in regards to organization. If you find something that works, roll with it.
Continue reading “How to be Organized”
(Picture: Santa Cruz, California by Kyla Alexandre)
Let me tell you something, you gotta fake it till you make it. Now, I have to give a disclaimer because there is a certain extent in which you can get away with faking something and actually seeing results. If you are in a position where it does a lot of harm, please seek help in a different form. If you need to talk, you can reach me on any of GetAloha’s social media or email. You’re probably asking yourself “What is she going to tell me to fake?” My answer is: positivity.
I read an article in my anthropology class that talked about people faking confidence and/or happiness led to them actually feeling happier/more confident. This is something that I have had to do a lot of in the past few weeks. I am surrounded by a lot of stress, so the little, negative parts of my day take a huge toll on how I feel, and as a person who promotes positivity that is not very good. So for this past week, I have done everything I can to fake it and it has its perks. I have tried to wake up every morning and tell myself “Today is going to be a great day” and throughout the day I reassure myself a few times. I try to walk with a little pep in my step and it works. I go about my day feeling more confident and assured. The act of smiling, even if it is forced, boosts your happy chemicals. It is weird how it works, but it does.
Continue reading “Fake It Till You Make It”
(Picture: Santa Cruz, California by Kyla Alexandre)
This is an article I never thought I would be writing, ever. I am a person who likes being in her little safety net and staying in her box of minimal change and lots of comfort. This post is something that I am not just writing for my audience, but I am writing it for myself, too. This is my reminder to myself to let impulse and spontaneity take over sometimes. I guess you could say that this article is a part two to my how to be spontaneous article.
From my perspective, the act of being impulsive is what connects to being spontaneous. We get that sudden drive to be impulsive and we allow that drive to steer us in whichever direction the impulse wants to go. Sometimes it is important to let that impulse take over the steering wheel and gas pedal, of course, you want to make sure that impulse doesn’t take too much control and put you at risk. Allowing the acts of impulse to give way to new direction and new opportunities allow you to open up and see new things. Impulse allows you to experience something, that could be life changing, that you may have not been able to experience in your constant state of constants.
Continue reading “Why Impulse is Good For You”
(Picture: Bellagio, Las Vegas, Nevada by Kyla Alexandre)
Sleep is something we all do and we all have to do in order to function, but there are times where it is a lot harder to do because our brain keeps thinking or our body won’t shut down, preventing any chance of falling asleep. Today, I am sharing some remedies to help you get to bed a lot easier. For some, doing multiple tricks will get you to sleep and for others maybe just one will do. Please note that I am nowhere near a doctor, but I am an individual who wants everyone to sleep soundly, so I am just giving you ideas to help make falling asleep an easy task.
Continue reading “Helpful Tips to Sleep Easy”
(Picture: Somewhere in the side streets of Spain by Kyla Alexandre)
It is my favorite time of year…SUMMER! Summer is so refreshing and it is time to start fresh. I use summer to make lifestyle changes and create new habits because there is so much time to do so. As summer kicks in, take that time to make memories and live every moment to the fullest. It is your time to be free and soak up as much Vitamin D as possible. Make it a point to go out and do something every day, even if it is something small. Summer is the time to channel nothing but positive energy and listen to vibey music. Have a beautiful and happy summer!!!
It is around that time of year where the stress from school and work starts to kick in. Everything is in full swing and taking its charge on our lives. With that, stress comes with the territory. Today I will give you all of my tips and tricks to deal with the stress.
- Take a minute to gather your thoughts. Writing has always been helpful to me. I grab a notebook and write down everything I feel, even if it does not make any sense. Seeing everything I am stressing about puts it all in perspective for me and makes me feel more at ease.
- Think to yourself, or write it down if you need to visualize it, and ask yourself: Will this (the thing you are stressing about) matter in a year from now? If the answer is no, then you can easily put that stress away and now you have one less thing to stress about.
- Take a moment to grab a pen and paper and make a list of everything you need to do that week or even that day depending on how much needs to get done. Then make a key with three symbols, 1 being for everything urgent and that needs to be done by the next day, the 2nd is for everything you can hold off for a day or two but if you can get them done that day, go for it, and 3rd, for stuff that can wait awhile and that will not be a stressor for a few days. Doing this puts it all in perspective and allows you to see what deserves your time and stress. I even do this with my daily planner (if you don’t have a planner, What the heck are you doing?). Keeping all of the things I have to do on an urgency system keeps my stress levels down.
- Every night try to do something good for your soul. I like to read (I am currently rereading the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series because it is my favorite book series and it makes my heart happy), you can write, meditate, take a bath, workout. Just do at least one thing that is good for your soul and that makes you feel at peace and happy.
There are many more ways to de-stress, but for now, I am leaving you with those four things. Of course I will share more in the future but for right now use these and don’t forget to stay vibing.
If you know anything about me, I am all about good vibes. As I have maintained good vibes, I use phrases such as “I’m vibing” or “I vibe with it”, and people question what it means. This is all about how to get and share good vibes.
- What are good vibes? Good vibes are a spiritual energy that embraces nothing but positivity.
- You have to start with finding the good vibes within yourself before you can start spreading it. You can achieve your good vibes by using what you have around you to fuel your happiness and positivity. I am not saying that now you have to be all happy, sunshine, and rainbows all the time, but the first step to your own good vibes is changing your outlook on life. When things go wrong, you should take every opportunity to look at the positive and the good things that can come out of it. When you start seeing things in a positive light, you can start thinking about how you will bring good vibes into your life and others.
Continue reading “How to Get and Share Good Vibes”