Picture: The Trail of Gargoyles, somewhere in the Stanislaus Forest by my dad (this picture shows one of the most genuinely happy smiles)
*TW: this post talks about anxiety and eating disorders. While I’m not going into a lot of detail, I do talk about it. Know that you are going to be okay and I am here to talk if you need anything*
If you’ve been here since the beginning of Get Aloha Spirit (wow thank you), you have been here to witness a lot of growth and a lot of change. One of my goals with creating this site was to create a space where people feel safe enough to explore themselves, learn to love themselves, and be on a path to a better you.
In the past few days, I’ve done a lot of thinking about how far I have come in terms of my own happiness and confidence. I want to tell you my story, and I want to remind you and let you know that with a bit of time and a lot of love, you too can blossom into an even more incredible human than who you are now.
Continue reading “You Need to Start Loving Yourself…”
Picture: My college announcement pictures by my parents 🙂
When I created this document months ago in hopes to sit down and reflect on my college experience as I was going through it, I had no idea the world would shut down and I would be experiencing my first year of college six hours away from my school. I wanted to create this post in hopes to share things I have noticed, done, and learned in the past few months, but now it also acts as a time capsule, capturing such an odd time in the world so others can view it in a few years to see what we went through and how the world has changed. Nonetheless, I still find myself making the most out of the situation and trying to live my best college life as best as I can while following safety guidelines.
I hope this post allows those of you in college to connect the experiences that we have all shared, allows those of you gearing up for college to learn a thing or two about navigating college life, and allows those of you who finished to look upon what it means to be a college student in 2020 during a pandemic.
Continue reading “My First Year Of College”
Picture: The flight into Cusco, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
Let’s talk self-care… It comes in different shapes and sizes and looks different for everyone. Today, I want to talk about self-care with you and give you a list of somethings you can do. If you are like me, you suck at taking care of yourself. I’m a bit of a workaholic and forget that I also need to check in on myself. Ever since I started this website, I have learned so many things, including learning how to better take care of myself. With self-care, there’s a stigma around it where it’s either just a face mask (which is a wonderful form of self-care) or it’s selfish and conceited. I’m here to tell you that it’s neither. While a face mask is an act of self-care, it goes deeper than just a face mask. Taking care of yourself, including your skin, acts as an important part of maintaining your health and wellbeing and therefore is an excellent form of self-care. I also don’t think you should feel guilty or selfish for needing to take care of yourself. If you are not feeling your best, how can you be at your best for others if you are not at your best for yourself?
Continue reading “Let’s Talk Self Care”
Picture: Bluff Top Coastal Park, Halfmoon Bay, California by Kyla Alexandre
If you’ve been here a while you would know that I have documented my Law of Attraction journey (here’s part 1, part 2, and part 3), and today marks “the end” of my journey. I’m using “the end” loosely because your LOA journey never ends and I will continue to use it, talk about it, and learn about it. “The end” in this case comes from actually seeing results. *Remember I am not trying to force this idea onto you, I am simply sharing what I have learned so you can learn too and possibly explore the LOA*
Let’s recap… LOA is one of the laws of the universe. The basis of it comes from the idea that you give out the energy you want to receive/will receive. For example, if my headspace is negative and I’m releasing negative energy, the universe is going to dish that negative energy right back (vice versa with positive energy). Manifestation plays a huge part in this journey (check out my LOA Pinterest board for more info here). You can visualize, write, meditate, create vision boards, and so many other things to fit with your LOA journey to create the life that you want.
Continue reading “LOA Part 4: Seeing Results”
Picture: Maras Salt Mines, Maras, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
If you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for journaling. It’s a tool that allows me to get my thoughts out, process my feelings, track my life, act as a creative outlet, and promote self-discovery. Today, I am going to share some prompts that I use when I want a more focused journal entry. Use these prompts as you please (there is no right and wrong). You can write in a stream of consciousness, doodle, put pictures, or create a more focused entry about the prompt. Enjoy!
*Note: I have also linked a pdf so you can print all of these prompts and keep them in your journal 🙂*
- Write a love letter to yourself…
- What are you most proud of?
- Plan your dream trip…
- If you had zero limitations, what would your dream day look like?
- Write a letter saying goodbye to someone who no longer serves you (if they drain your energy/are toxic, but remember to not be too negative)
- List 50 (or more) things that make you really happy…
- Where would you like to be in 10 years?
- What are you feeling right now? Write down songs/create a playlist that fits your mood.
- What relationships do you want in your life? How will they help you/shape you into the person you want to be?
- What has been weighing on you? Write it down, get it out of your system, and let it go/try to come up with a solution.
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- What is your dream job?
- What does your dream life look like? (be super detailed on this one, it can be a manifestation)
- What is a dream (or nightmare) you’ve had recently that stands out to you? What happens? What do you think it means?
- In what ways do you think you need to take care of yourself more? What are you going to do to take care of those things?
- What things have shaped/impacted who you are? What makes you the person you are today?
- Write a letter to someone 100 years in the future, like a time-capsule. What do you want them to know? What questions do you have?
- What do you do to take care of yourself mentally and physically healthy while leading the busy life you live?
- How do you find balance in all aspects of your life?
- List 10 things you can do that will make you instantly happy.
- What can you do for someone else that will bring you both immense joy?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned? How did you learn them? How did it change you?
- What are some of your most favorite memories? Write in detail and reminisce.
- What are 5 things that you are looking forward to today/this week/this month (writer’s choice)?
- Create a spread in your journal of things or an aesthetic that makes you happy. (For example, I would go on Pinterest and print up a bunch of pictures of French and/or Italian countryside aesthetic)
- What is your biggest “What-if?” on your mind right now?
- Imagine what a day would look like without your phone…What would you do? How would you feel? Is life better or worse without your phone? Then put your phone down and live that day. (This prompt was inspired by Outerbanks ;))
- What is the first thing to come to mind after you read the following word and definition? Fika-Sweedish-a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life. What is your Fika?
- How do you define soul-mate? Do you believe in soul-mates? Why or Why not? If you do, what features/characteristics does your soul-mate have?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to learn about? Go research it and fill up a few pages about whatever it may be
I hope these prompts have inspired you to write. Don’t forget to stay vibin!
Here is the pdf for you to print out: Journal Prompts
Where you can reach me:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/profile/kylanicole2013
Pura Vida: KYLAALEXANDRE20 for 20% off
gonebeachin.com: kylanicole10 for 10% off
*some links are affiliate, thanks for helping me grow :)*
Picture: Alpsee, Germany (the lake below Neuschwanstein) by Kyla Alexandre
My mom gave me a page out of her Oprah magazine with questions from Oprah’s O quiz. Today, I wanted to fill out the quiz in my journal and share my responses with you. Feel free to answer these questions too, I would love to see your responses!
Continue reading “The O Quiz”
Picture: Flying into Germany by Kyla Alexandre
If you’ve been here a while, you would know that I have a strong love for music. I have linked my previous posts about music, I have my top 20 songs and two other posts on music recommendations. Music is a therapy that I have fallen back on so many times, and today I am going to talk about music as a therapy and why it’s so important.
Continue reading “The Power of Music”
Picture: Half Moon Bay, California by Kyla Alexandre
I would say that I am a fairly positive person, but how? Life naturally has its ups and downs, so how can one go through all of that and still be positive? Well, that is what I am going to talk about today.
There is a misconception that living a positive lifestyle means you are happy all the time, which I can say is not always true. Living a positive lifestyle means understanding that even when life turns to poop, you still see it through and know it will get better, or finding the good in every situation.
Let’s talk about maintaining a positive lifestyle. Continue reading “How to Maintain a Positive Lifestyle”
Picture: Coimbra, Portugal by Kyla Alexandre
The last place I talked about was Spain and on that trip, I also went to Portugal, a country that would quickly become one of my favorite places in the world. A large chunk of my family is from Portugal and this was my chance to connect with where I come from. Today I am sharing the places I spent time in during my summer trip of 2018.
Portugal has so much to offer, delicious foods, beautiful villages, warm people, and so much more.
Continue reading “Portugal and Its Highlights”
Picture: Neuschwanstein, Schwangau, Germany by Kyla Alexandre
I love lists and if you’ve been here awhile you would know that. Lists are useful for literally everything: reminders, todos, goals, inspiration, and so much more. If you caught my last post, I talked about lists in your journaling that allow you to organize your mind. Today, I am going to share a list of things you can make lists of (a list of lists) that will help give you inspiration for certain parts of your life and possibly really cool journal entries (if you are into bullet journaling).
Continue reading “A List of Lists”