Listen to the episode here:
I don’t know about you, but if my morning starts off bad, I have to work really hard to get my day back on track. Today I am going to share things you can do to make sure your morning starts off great so you can have a great day.
- A good morning starts with a good night’s sleep. If you aren’t well-rested, you will feel groggy and it’ll be hard to start your day off with the motivation and positive attitude you need throughout your day. I try to keep my sleep schedule consistent during the week by going to bed at around the same time and waking up at around the same time. I find that I always feel better when my sleep schedule is consistent because I know I have the same amount of time in the same to follow through with my morning routine.
- Set out your clothes/anything you’ll need the night before. Instead of stressing about what you’re going to wear or scrambling to find your things, setting them out the night before will minimize the stress and give you more time to do other good things in your morning routine.
- Take advantage of your “me time.” Your morning kick starts your day, so kick start it with things that make you feel good. If you set aside time in your morning to spend time doing something that makes you feel good, that feel-good feeling will follow you throughout your day.
- For example:
- Practice gratitude
- Sit back and reflect
- And other things that make you feel good
- For example:
- Get a sweat session in. I find that working out whether it is hardcore or just stretching gives me a boost of motivation and also gets my workout out of the way. I make it a point to work out every single day because it’s good for not only my physical health but my mental health. I start my day with a workout because if I didn’t, I’d get busy and forget about it as I go about my day, which is something I don’t want.
- Treat yourself to a yummy breakfast. For me, my breakfast fuels me in the morning so I can make it until lunch without snacking. I eat a solid breakfast with hardy foods that also taste good. I’m a huge believer in the idea that consuming foods and drinks that make you feel good will elevate your mood. If I make the perfect cup of tea and eat foods that I really like, my mood is elevated throughout the day.
- Make your bed. No matter how clean my room is if my bed isn’t made then my room looks messy. It’s harder to be productive when you don’t like the way your space looks (especially if you are working from home right now), it’s also more tempting to get back into bed if the bed isn’t made which is not good when you have to be productive. Your bed is your sleep space, not your workspace so if you try to work on your bed, you brain is going to want to sleep and not work.
- Lastly, make a to-do list/schedule. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I love planning. Having a to-do list and/or schedule gives your day structure and keeps you on track. It keeps everything you have to do in one place and doesn’t leave you scrambling to figure out what you have to get done. Feeling put together makes all the difference in terms of how you feel throughout your day.
I hope this helps you shape a productive and positive morning routine that gets your day off to a great start. Don’t forget to stay vibin!
Where you can reach me:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/profile/kylanicole2013
Pura Vida: KYLAALEXANDRE20 for 20% off
gonebeachin.com: kylanicole10 for 10% off
*some links are affiliate, thanks for helping me grow :)*