Picture: The flight into Cusco, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
Let’s talk self-care… It comes in different shapes and sizes and looks different for everyone. Today, I want to talk about self-care with you and give you a list of somethings you can do. If you are like me, you suck at taking care of yourself. I’m a bit of a workaholic and forget that I also need to check in on myself. Ever since I started this website, I have learned so many things, including learning how to better take care of myself. With self-care, there’s a stigma around it where it’s either just a face mask (which is a wonderful form of self-care) or it’s selfish and conceited. I’m here to tell you that it’s neither. While a face mask is an act of self-care, it goes deeper than just a face mask. Taking care of yourself, including your skin, acts as an important part of maintaining your health and wellbeing and therefore is an excellent form of self-care. I also don’t think you should feel guilty or selfish for needing to take care of yourself. If you are not feeling your best, how can you be at your best for others if you are not at your best for yourself?
Continue reading “Let’s Talk Self Care”
Picture: Maras Salt Mines, Maras, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
If you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for journaling. It’s a tool that allows me to get my thoughts out, process my feelings, track my life, act as a creative outlet, and promote self-discovery. Today, I am going to share some prompts that I use when I want a more focused journal entry. Use these prompts as you please (there is no right and wrong). You can write in a stream of consciousness, doodle, put pictures, or create a more focused entry about the prompt. Enjoy!
*Note: I have also linked a pdf so you can print all of these prompts and keep them in your journal 🙂*
- Write a love letter to yourself…
- What are you most proud of?
- Plan your dream trip…
- If you had zero limitations, what would your dream day look like?
- Write a letter saying goodbye to someone who no longer serves you (if they drain your energy/are toxic, but remember to not be too negative)
- List 50 (or more) things that make you really happy…
- Where would you like to be in 10 years?
- What are you feeling right now? Write down songs/create a playlist that fits your mood.
- What relationships do you want in your life? How will they help you/shape you into the person you want to be?
- What has been weighing on you? Write it down, get it out of your system, and let it go/try to come up with a solution.
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- What is your dream job?
- What does your dream life look like? (be super detailed on this one, it can be a manifestation)
- What is a dream (or nightmare) you’ve had recently that stands out to you? What happens? What do you think it means?
- In what ways do you think you need to take care of yourself more? What are you going to do to take care of those things?
- What things have shaped/impacted who you are? What makes you the person you are today?
- Write a letter to someone 100 years in the future, like a time-capsule. What do you want them to know? What questions do you have?
- What do you do to take care of yourself mentally and physically healthy while leading the busy life you live?
- How do you find balance in all aspects of your life?
- List 10 things you can do that will make you instantly happy.
- What can you do for someone else that will bring you both immense joy?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned? How did you learn them? How did it change you?
- What are some of your most favorite memories? Write in detail and reminisce.
- What are 5 things that you are looking forward to today/this week/this month (writer’s choice)?
- Create a spread in your journal of things or an aesthetic that makes you happy. (For example, I would go on Pinterest and print up a bunch of pictures of French and/or Italian countryside aesthetic)
- What is your biggest “What-if?” on your mind right now?
- Imagine what a day would look like without your phone…What would you do? How would you feel? Is life better or worse without your phone? Then put your phone down and live that day. (This prompt was inspired by Outerbanks ;))
- What is the first thing to come to mind after you read the following word and definition? Fika-Sweedish-a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life. What is your Fika?
- How do you define soul-mate? Do you believe in soul-mates? Why or Why not? If you do, what features/characteristics does your soul-mate have?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to learn about? Go research it and fill up a few pages about whatever it may be
I hope these prompts have inspired you to write. Don’t forget to stay vibin!
Here is the pdf for you to print out: Journal Prompts
Where you can reach me:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/profile/kylanicole2013
Pura Vida: KYLAALEXANDRE20 for 20% off
gonebeachin.com: kylanicole10 for 10% off
*some links are affiliate, thanks for helping me grow :)*
Picture: Half Moon Bay, California by Kyla Alexandre
I would say that I am a fairly positive person, but how? Life naturally has its ups and downs, so how can one go through all of that and still be positive? Well, that is what I am going to talk about today.
There is a misconception that living a positive lifestyle means you are happy all the time, which I can say is not always true. Living a positive lifestyle means understanding that even when life turns to poop, you still see it through and know it will get better, or finding the good in every situation.
Let’s talk about maintaining a positive lifestyle. Continue reading “How to Maintain a Positive Lifestyle”
Picture: Salt Mines in Maras, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
If you have been here a while, you would know that part of my brand is organization and part of being super organized comes from having a really solid planning system. Today, I will run you through my organization system so you can pull some of my tips into your own system. I know at first this may seem like a lot, so I recommend experimenting with what works best for you. There are SO MANY different resources for planning and there is one for everyone out there. Planning keeps you motivated and on task, allowing you to create structure in your day and minimizes the amount of stress in your day to day life. It also gives you the ability to see things ahead so you can avoid procrastination.
I use four methods to keep myself organized:
- Day designer (https://daydesigner.com/ or https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=day+designer&facetedValue=toxcg)
- Google Calendar
- Note pads
- Journals (for organizing thoughts and ideas)
Continue reading “How I Plan and Stay Organized”
Picture: Downtown Livermore, CA by Kyla Alexandre
There are times in our life where everything feels like it is moving 150 mph and there’s no way to stop that overwhelming sensation. Today I am going to share how to know you need a break and take the steps you need to get your head back into the right space.
First things first, when are you in a state that tells you that you need a break? Well, let me tell you. There are a few things you should make note of when you are evaluating how you feel. If you feel like you have lost control of what is happening around you, or you can’t help but feel overwhelmed and/or other negative emotions. Sometimes we take in too much at once and not even realize it. This typically means you need to take a step back and take a break. So how do you take a pause when there, unfortunately, is not a pause button for your life?
Continue reading “What to Do When You Need to Pause”
(Picture: My backyard by Kyla Alexandre)
I don’t know about you, but I think a lot and sometimes I think too much. Because I am such an over-thinker, there are times where I need to get out the thoughts in my head and put it somewhere in the world and that is why I journal. There are things that I think about that I do not always want to share with someone and journaling is that “step in” person to vent to. I have an unnecessary amount of notebooks that all serve various purposes for either poetry, doodles, and thoughts. The notebook I grab the most is the one that I journal in. That notebook holds my lists, thoughts, letters, memories, life lessons, and anything that I feel the need to get out of my system.
Continue reading “Why Journal?”
(Picture: Madrid, Spain by Kyla Alexandre)
The world has flipped itself upside down and inside out. People are overstocking and facing the same thing at the same time. There is so much negativity in this world it almost becomes impossible to see any light at the end of the tunnel. This whole experience is causing a strain on people’s mental health. We have been in lockdown for about two months now and are adjusting to this absurd new normal. At this moment, we are driven by the hope that this will end eventually. News outlets are full of corona this and corona that with very little about the good happening in the world. The biggest lesson to take out of this is to know that no matter how crappy something is, there is ALWAYS something good that will come out of it. Let me share a few.
Continue reading “Good Things Happening In Our World”
(Picture: Lima, Peru by Kyla Alexandre)
As the new year comes around, people start making resolutions that only last a few weeks. I have a few things to say about this… 1) who said the new year was the time to make changes? Why can’t you do it at any time? 2)The reason why they fall through so quickly is the flawed system behind maintaining these new changes. So, how does one change their life and create new habits effectively? Well, I am going to tell you. But first, I have to give credit to the person who inspired this article. I will link the podcast, done by one of my biggest inspirations (Kalyn Nicholson), that inspired this.
Continue reading “The Importance of Habits”
(Picture: Lima, Peru by Kyla Alexandre)
A part of my “brand”, if you will, is the fact that I am an organization obsessed freak. I get excited over planners, organizational techniques, and find cleaning a source of peace. Due to my efficiently organized way of life, my friends suggested that I write an article about the ways to maintain organization throughout your life. Of course, there are many varieties of methods to organize, but today I am going to teach you the organizational basics. Grab a snack and let’s get started!
First things first, you have to realize that there is a different system for everyone, but the one thing that is universal is wanting to organize. Being organized is keeping some sort of order, whether it is just enough or an incredibly unnecessary amount (me). I find that over time, I have perfected techniques and systems that work perfectly for my lifestyle. The process of organization takes time and patience because it is so personalized. There are no rules in regards to organization. If you find something that works, roll with it.
Continue reading “How to be Organized”
(Picture: Disneyland, California by Kyla Alexandre)
Social media is a large part of our lives. It is how we connect with people all over the world, or show the world what we are up to, or view unnecessarily entertaining memes. While those things can be good, social media can be incredibly toxic and negative. There are ways social media can cause a damper on how you allow social media to impact your life. How could something we all use become so toxic? There are ways to navigate social media so you can get all of the good, or most of the good, out of social media. I am going to give you my best tricks to keeping social media on the positive end.
Continue reading “How to Handle the Negativity of Social Media”