(Picture: Nördlingen, Germany by Kyla Alexandre)
With all of the focus I have put on myself recently, I have been thinking a lot recently. In this hiatus, I got a really bad cold with laryngitis which meant I could not talk for a few days. For those of you who know me, I talk a lot so this was a difficult yet eye-opening time for me. Not talking forces you to simply observe the world. Sometimes we have to take a step back and see what is going on around us.
Continue reading “The Importance of Not Talking”
(Picture: Santa Cruz, California by Momma Alexandre)
There are a few things I feel the need to address before we hop back into our regularly scheduled content. I was MIA for a very long time for various reasons. For one, I was in a very negative headspace the last few months and I felt that it would be very hypocritical of me to write content about positivity when I could not even follow my own advice. Secondly, I lost my touch. I was working on fixing myself and dealing with a lot that needed my focus. Lastly, I was not satisfied with the content and the way I was working with the website. I have come up with new ideas for content and what I want to do and I am ready to put my heart and soul back into this.
For more Get Aloha Spirit, check out our Instagram and feel free to message us at any time! And of course, don’t forget to stay vibin!
(Picture: Folsom, California by Kyla Alexandre)
The holiday season is my favorite time of year for many reasons, and one of those reasons comes from my adoration for Christmas music. In order to help you get into the Christmas spirit, I will be sharing my favorite Christmas albums that bring me into my own winter wonderland. Before I hop into my favorites, I want to share my best playlists I have, which are… you guessed it… Christmas playlists. I have two: Jingle Bell Bops and Jingle and Jazz. Enjoy!
Continue reading “The Best Christmas Albums”
(Picture: Loomis, California by Kyla Alexandre)
Sometimes life says “Screw you” and turns itself off its axis. It happens to all of us and it is complete doo doo. Today I am going to talk you through ways of trying to turn your life back on its axis or at least try to.
Rearrange your plans and make time for a few days to do things you love. For me, that would be doing my nails, watching a rom-com or a Christmas movie, having a day of self-care, reading a book, and so much more. I’m not saying to do this all in one day, so spread it out through a few days and do at least one thing a day over a few days. Prioritize yourself, that’s what I am trying to say. If you put yourself first, you will be able to learn about yourself and allow yourself to work towards a better headspace. We allow ourselves to get so consumed into our work, our relationships, our issues, and everything in between. Set your consumption of other things aside and turn it into something for you. It allows you to focus on you and rebuild yourself on the inside and out.
Continue reading “What to do when life turns to poop”
(Picture: Lima, Peru by Kyla Alexandre)
For me, TV is a huge escape. It allows me to escape the world for a little bit. I have binged a lot of shows in my time, and today I am going to list all of my favorite shows that I recommend for your viewing.
Continue reading “TV Shows You Should Watch”
(Picture: The sky somewhere in California by Kyla Alexandre)
If you haven’t checked out part one, do that first. I will give this spiel again, I listen to a lot of music, a lot more than the average individual, so I want to share some of my favorite music with you. If you want to see more of what I listen to in a wider span, check out my Apple Music. If you have not read part one, you will have absolutely no clue how I rate/talk about music, so here’s the list of words I use to describe music:
- Bops- the songs that make you want to dance hardcore and move and feel the music
- Jams- the distant cousin of the bop, makes you want to dance but in a more chill manner
- Vibe- this word shouldn’t be a surprise. I can define this through a feeling: the feeling of driving with the windows down on a backroad without a care in the world
Continue reading “The Music I’ve Been Loving Part 2”
(Picture: Somewhere in the side streets of Spain by Kyla Alexandre)
It is my favorite time of year…SUMMER! Summer is so refreshing and it is time to start fresh. I use summer to make lifestyle changes and create new habits because there is so much time to do so. As summer kicks in, take that time to make memories and live every moment to the fullest. It is your time to be free and soak up as much Vitamin D as possible. Make it a point to go out and do something every day, even if it is something small. Summer is the time to channel nothing but positive energy and listen to vibey music. Have a beautiful and happy summer!!!
(Picture: Pismo Beach, California by Kyla Alexandre)
The blue sky is making its crawl across the sky, letting the sun peak through and spread its essence over the world. Flowers begin to bloom, color washes over the whole world, spring has come. I don’t know about you, but I live for the sun being out. I thrive when I get to go outside and read a book or drink iced tea and be one with nature. It is the time where I hike religiously and I am as happy as one can be. Here are some ways to use this spring season to its fullest potential.
- There is a beautiful thing outside called the sun, do what you can outside. I have gone outside with a blanket and my homework, a book, or a journal. Do what you can to soak up some glorious vitamin D. I promise you, it will make you feel happier. Remember to take an allergy pill because allergies this time of year are the worst.
- Use this beautiful weather to go on adventures and explore. Look up hiking trails near you, find a cool new place in your area to wander, find fields and picturesque areas to take pictures. The weather is lovely and there are so many lovely things to see, go see them.
- Clean! I use the transition from the cold, dull months to the bright, warm months as a way to clean and start fresh. I spend a day going through my closet and my bedroom cleaning out things I no longer use or need, giving me a chance to start fresh.
- Use that cleaning to refresh your wardrobe. Put your winter clothes away and bring your warm ones out. My wardrobe makes a full 360. I go from hoodies and leggings to flowy shorts and dresses, it really gets me into that energy that seems to take over in the spring.
- Make a playlist. It is the time of year where thoughts of summer flood my brain and that is when I start doing things in preparation for my favorite time of year. I create a playlist that channels the wonderful vibes of spring and summer.
I hope you spring into action with the wonderful vibes spring has brought to the world around us. Don’t forget to stay vibing!
For those of you who don’t know, music is a huge part of my life. I have a huge love for all kinds of music and I have a few new finds that I would like to share with the world in hopes to bring some of you some new music. If you would like to see the playlists I have and what I listen to on a regular basis, my own playlists and others who I have found and enjoyed, you can follow my Apple Music.
I have a growing obsession with a few artists that I have started to get into in the past 2-3 months.
- The first being The 1975 who just released a new album. They are my go-to study tunes. I love listening to them when I need some chill vibe music.
- Second is LANY, who also released a new album. These guys are great music to vibe to. Their music is the kind of music I would listen to with my windows down on the freeway while driving on the coast.
- I recently discovered Alec Benjamin while I was scrolling Instagram and I listened to one of his videos he posted and I fell in love with the song and his voice. I highly recommend listening to him. If you can’t tell already, a lot of the stuff I listen to channels a lot of good vibes and is stuff that makes my heart happy.
- I owe a lot to this next artist: Halsey. You have probably heard of her, but her music makes me feel anything and everything. Her music has been by my side since the start of high school. I love how artistic she is, how real her music is, and how she speaks her mind. I highly recommend her music.
Now onto specific songs. I won’t describe them much because I just want you to listen and enjoy it, or not, that’s your choice. Some of these have been out for a while, some are new, but I feel the need to share them with the world anyways.
Continue reading “The Music I Have Been Loving…”