Picture: Maras Salt Mines, Maras, Peru by Kyla Alexandre
If you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for journaling. It’s a tool that allows me to get my thoughts out, process my feelings, track my life, act as a creative outlet, and promote self-discovery. Today, I am going to share some prompts that I use when I want a more focused journal entry. Use these prompts as you please (there is no right and wrong). You can write in a stream of consciousness, doodle, put pictures, or create a more focused entry about the prompt. Enjoy!
*Note: I have also linked a pdf so you can print all of these prompts and keep them in your journal 🙂*
- Write a love letter to yourself…
- What are you most proud of?
- Plan your dream trip…
- If you had zero limitations, what would your dream day look like?
- Write a letter saying goodbye to someone who no longer serves you (if they drain your energy/are toxic, but remember to not be too negative)
- List 50 (or more) things that make you really happy…
- Where would you like to be in 10 years?
- What are you feeling right now? Write down songs/create a playlist that fits your mood.
- What relationships do you want in your life? How will they help you/shape you into the person you want to be?
- What has been weighing on you? Write it down, get it out of your system, and let it go/try to come up with a solution.
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- What is your dream job?
- What does your dream life look like? (be super detailed on this one, it can be a manifestation)
- What is a dream (or nightmare) you’ve had recently that stands out to you? What happens? What do you think it means?
- In what ways do you think you need to take care of yourself more? What are you going to do to take care of those things?
- What things have shaped/impacted who you are? What makes you the person you are today?
- Write a letter to someone 100 years in the future, like a time-capsule. What do you want them to know? What questions do you have?
- What do you do to take care of yourself mentally and physically healthy while leading the busy life you live?
- How do you find balance in all aspects of your life?
- List 10 things you can do that will make you instantly happy.
- What can you do for someone else that will bring you both immense joy?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned? How did you learn them? How did it change you?
- What are some of your most favorite memories? Write in detail and reminisce.
- What are 5 things that you are looking forward to today/this week/this month (writer’s choice)?
- Create a spread in your journal of things or an aesthetic that makes you happy. (For example, I would go on Pinterest and print up a bunch of pictures of French and/or Italian countryside aesthetic)
- What is your biggest “What-if?” on your mind right now?
- Imagine what a day would look like without your phone…What would you do? How would you feel? Is life better or worse without your phone? Then put your phone down and live that day. (This prompt was inspired by Outerbanks ;))
- What is the first thing to come to mind after you read the following word and definition? Fika-Sweedish-a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life. What is your Fika?
- How do you define soul-mate? Do you believe in soul-mates? Why or Why not? If you do, what features/characteristics does your soul-mate have?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to learn about? Go research it and fill up a few pages about whatever it may be
I hope these prompts have inspired you to write. Don’t forget to stay vibin!
Here is the pdf for you to print out: Journal Prompts
Where you can reach me:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/profile/kylanicole2013
Pura Vida: KYLAALEXANDRE20 for 20% off
gonebeachin.com: kylanicole10 for 10% off
*some links are affiliate, thanks for helping me grow :)*
Let’s Talk Self Care – Get Aloha SpiritOctober 31, 2020 at 10:01 am
[…] thing that makes me feel good. Sometimes it’s as small as making a yummy cup of tea, or it’s journaling, or it’s ensuring that I get a workout in every single day. Self-care can be anything that makes […]